Monday, April 17, 2006

AN ARTIST?

I've never thought of myself as an artist and yet, I do create. I write poetry and short stories. For years, writing was the extent of my creativity. Now in the (early) autumn of my life, I find that maybe, just maybe, I can do other things. I may be able to sketch and to paint. It was only recently that I got the courage to attempt to put on paper the pictures I've visualized in my head. My goal is to be able to illustrate the children's book that I have had been written in my head for such a long time.

2 comments:

Debby said...

I fully think you should go for it! I am discovering the same things in myself! Enjoy the journey! And I'll take an autographed copy of that children's book when you get it published!

Ger O'Rourke said...

Hello Jeanne. I very recently joined everydaymatters. You, an artist? Definitely. Go for that children's book. Just think of all the children it will touch and bring joy to - unless of course it's a scary story and I doubt very much it will be that. All the best, Ger in Ireland